Before we explain exactly how to prevent and treat dog spots in the lawn, why do they happen in the first place? In basic terms, dog urine is actually a fantastic natural fertilizer for your lawn thanks to its high nitrogen content, however, too much of a good thing can cause damage. You may notice that areas your dog frequents are home to stands of very dark green strong growing turf along with spots of brown dead grass. This is because, in highly concentrated areas, the high levels of salts and urea nitrogen in your dog's urine cause the grass to actually dry out and die.
Much like life, your best friend in the world of lawn care is preparation. Lawns that are properly fertilized and watered will be able to handle stresses of dog use with ease. Here are some tips to keep your lawn in tip top shape:
- During the growing season make sure your lawn is properly watered. We recommend at least on inch of water per week including rain fall.
- Fertilize your lawn on a regular basis to ensure strong growth and overall turf health.
- Use organic lawn fertilizers, when possible, to promote slow consistent growth.
Besides maintaining a strong lawn with good maintenance practices, there are a few other ways to prevent dog spots from popping up in your lawn:
- Keep track of where your dog chooses to go to the bathroom so you can focus your rinsing efforts.
- Once your dog is done, spray water on the area to dilute your dog's urine and prevent any damage to your grass. The sooner you can do this, the less likely Fido will damage the grass.
- Consider adding a light watering daily just to dilute the urine and prevent it from getting too concentrated.
Pet odor is no laughing matter. It is unpleasant on your senses and the pungent smell can prevent you from using your lawn. Our all natural odor and bacteria remover will have you enjoying your lawn again. You will never be embarrassed by odor when your friends and family come over.
In most cases pet odor can be removed with one application. However, if it has been sometime since an area has been cleaned and the dog poop and urine has built up over time it may take several applications. Once under control and the dog waste is removed on a regular basis the need to apply the all natural bacteria and odor eliminator should become seasonal.
Do you know someone who is having trouble with pet odor in their lawn, rocks, deck, dog run, or other location outside? Don't know how to tell them?
Application Price: There are several factors associated with the price of applying our all natural pet waste odor and bacteria remover. Have Colorado Pooper Scoopers dog waste removal company come out and give you a 100% free estimate on the price of application. Our technicians will inform you if the bacteria and odor remover needs several applications or a one time spray. The application for an average size lawn is $45. After the initial application other applications within the same month and same area are $25. If the area that needs the all natural pet odor is larger we can give you an application estimate. Most of the time the pet odor can be removed with one application. However, if it has been sometime since an area has been cleaned and the dog poop and urine has built up over time it may take several applications. Once under control and the dog waste is removed on a regular basis the need to apply the all natural bacteria and odor eliminator should become seasonal.